Friday, April 19, 2013

New Guest Blogger: Heather O. & globe transformation!


Hey y’all!  My name is Heather, and I am so excited to be a guest blogger for Habitat ReStore.  I just moved here from Maryland, where I did many repurposing projects for a local ReStore.  I graduated with an Interior Design degree and love any design or creative projects I can get my hands on!

Now enough about me…on to my first repurposing project.  The sun is shining and Spring is in the air, which was my inspiration for this project.  Who would think using light fixture globes and a plate would turn into a planter?!  ReStore has a great selection of items that with a little imagination and creativity, can transform into a great Do-It-Yourself project.  


 A small budget and a few steps transform these ReStore items into great flower planters!  The globes at $1 each and the plates at 25 cents, make this DIY project extremely budget friendly.  All you need is to turn the globes upside down and hot glue them to the plate to create the planters.

 And what do you get?!  An inexpensive and unique planter for a great Spring project.  The globes are from light fixtures of all time periods, which will add so much character.  Get some pretty flowers and try this Do-It-Yourself project for your porches for the start of Spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment