I thought I would take a minuet to teach you how to make a bench using chairs. Laurie and I have made 2 of these in the past and they are unique one of a kind pieces that will have your friends asking you were you got it.
The Key to this whole project is to make sure that your chairs are ALL the same height. You can use 2 chairs or 3 or really as many as you would like! Note that 2 or 3 chairs are your stranded with for a bench but be creative and use your imagination.The chairs DO NOT have to be all the same style! As long as the hight is all the same you are good!
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 -3 Chairs
Cordless screw gun
Screws & Nuts
1) Align your chairs up next to each other so they are touching
2) Every spot that the chairs come in contact with each other drill a hole from one chair to the next. For example were the legs touch drills a hole from one leg into the next. Do this to all the legs and parts of the seat that touch.
3) Put the screws into each drilled out hole and lock them tights with the nuts.
4) Cut your wood to fit across all the seats of the chairs. Taking special note to any curves in the chairs. You want this to be the new top to the seats.
5) Screw the wood you just cut to the tops of the chairs.
6) Paint the entire piece however you would like or keep it natural it’s all up to you and your creativity.
7) Once the paint is dry pad the tops of the seats. Use the spray glue to adhere the padding to the top of the chairs.
8) Upholster the chair in the fabric you choose. And you are DONE!
NOTE that you DO NOT have to pad or upholster the chairs if you do not want to. This is your personal preference. Also you do not have to align the chairs up diresctly side by side. Try aligning them from to front for an even more unique look! And if you have any questions please feel free to ask below. I will answer them as soon as I can. Also visit up on Pink Punk Design for more tips and tricks and ideas.
SOME MORE IDEAS: